Apples! Apples! Apples! This month our thematic unit will be all about apples! We will learn...Read More
Category: pre-k kindergarten
More about Ms. Collins
- Favorite ice cream: Strawberry
- Favorite animal: Cats
- Favorite color: Blue
- Describe the happiest day of your life: I have two… The day my daughter was born, on June 25, 2015, and the day my son was born on December 9, 2016. Both of those days were astonishing. From the moment I laid eyes on them my life was changed for ever. Watching my husband become a father made me love him a new way I never knew was possible. I have never experienced something so amazing. My cup runneth over.
- What do you love about teaching at St Mary’s? To start with, St. Mary’s was the school I attended as a child. The school belongs to the parish I belong to. Therefore, I have some emotional attachments to the school. Next, the staff I work with have become my extended family. We truly support each other professionally and personally. The children become like family as well. Many of our students belong to the parish and I’ve known their families for many years which makes it more personal when I teach the children. Above all, teaching about God is the best thing! God is the center of our school. I love starting every day with a prayer. Our discipline is better because we can teach the Golden Rule and the Ten Commandments. Any time our children or staff have special prayer intentions we can share them and pray for each other. I have grown so much in my faith, while helping our students grown in theirs.
- Name one crazy item off of your bucket list: When I graduated college, a few of my friends and I took a trip to the Bahamas! I had never seen the ocean until then.
- If you were a animal what would you be and why: An eagle. They can fly and it is illegal to kill them so they don’t have much to worry about.
- Best movie ever: I love Beauty and the Beast!